Nafasi ya Kazi
AnnouncementShare via Whatsapp
Release date: 2023-03-06
UNDERGRADUATE INTERN- DAR ES SALAAM 2023 - (615)
Undergraduate Intern- Dar es Salaam 2023
Dar Es Salaam, TZ
30 Apr 2023
MAXIMIZE YOUR POTENTIAL. TACKLE THE WORLD’S TOUGHEST PROBLEMS.
BUILD EXPERTISE IN AREAS THAT MATTER TO YOU. BECOME A GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT LEADER.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research and a not-for-profit, Dalberg Catalyst; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere - an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 700+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with a 40% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 26 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You aspire to become a leader in global development by tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy collaborating with teams while traveling and working across continents and cultures. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic thinking and quantitative and qualitative analysis, and you want to put your skills to work—transforming organizations, advising investors, and shaping new initiatives. You are a committed self-starter with an excellent academic record, leadership roles on campus, a passion for development and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg has a global footprint with consultants that live and work around the world, creating a network of experience anchored by our offices in Africa, Asia, Europe and North America. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
- Full-time undergraduate in one of the Tanzanian universities with expected graduation in 2024 or 2025.
- Pursuing a degree in Economics, Business, International Relations, Science, Math, Engineering or a related field.
- Excellent academic record.
- Leadership experience on- or off-campus.
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral.
- Understanding of the political and cultural realities of international organizations or environments.
In addition, if you have skills or abilities in the following areas, please be sure to let us know in your application:
- Fluency in spoken and written languages other than English.
- Experience with financial analysis, excel, STATA.
- In-depth knowledge on specific topics related to Dalberg’s work.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate new programs, processes, ideas or initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Undergraduate Interns will join Dalberg project teams supporting our clients to drive the creation of innovative and results-oriented solutions. Interns will work closely with members of a project team and take ownership of key aspects of project work, including leading research and analyses. Interns will be paired with junior staff members who will serve as the interns’ mentors for the duration of the internship. Each intern will also be assigned an advisor who is responsible for the intern’s professional development and growth during their internship. Interns will have regular training in consulting skills, communications, business development and specific content areas of interest.
Examples of recent projects that Dalberg consultants have worked on include creating a macro-economic plan for the Government of Ethiopia to accelerate industrial growth, designing a major foundation’s strategy to control sleeping sickness in Democratic Republic of the Congo and neighboring countries, and launching a new impact investment fund for agriculture in Nigeria. In addition, Dalberg Consultants worked on creating the world’s largest public, freely available dataset on national digital ID in India and have previously traveled for work to a mine in a jungle in Indonesia, to refugee camps in remote parts of Kenya, and to the border of Nepal looking at trafficking transport chains.
Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come. Innovation and entrepreneurship are not only valued at Dalberg; they are essential to our firm’s success. In addition to providing training, management-level advising, and mentoring, we empower our interns to learn by doing, engaging them as full members of project teams from day one.
The Undergraduate Intern role is a 10-12-week program, beginning in August 2023 and ending prior to the start of the next academic term. The intern will have the opportunity to better understand what full-time employment with Dalberg is like.
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and UNICEF government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency, and grassroots organizations and non-profits such as Sesame Workshop.
In Tanzania, we work with governments, foundations, international agencies, NGOs, and corporations to develop innovative strategies, approaches, and market mechanisms, reform internal organizational processes and structures, analyze global markets and develop market entry strategies, and coordinate and facilitate large, multi-stakeholder initiatives.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunity is in our Dar es Salaam office.
Please submit your application to our Career Centre 11:59pm EST on 30 April 2023.
Your application should include a resume noting your current GPA, transcript and cover letter that discusses your interest in international development and identifies issues that are most pressing to you. We expect to make final decisions regarding intern positions no later than June 30, 2023.
During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location.
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.
Owing to the large number of applications we receive; unfortunately, only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Employment in the Dalberg Dar es Salaam office is conditional on the candidate having the requisite authorization to live and work in Tanzania.
- Nafasi ya Kazi Government Liaison Associate
- Nafasi ya Kazi TAAP Flour Milling Expert - Ethiopia and Tanzania
- Nafasi ya Kazi Internship, Nourishing Food Pathways Inclusive Local FSN Governance
- Nafasi ya Kazi Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer,
- Nafasi ya Kazi Ward to Ward Financial Inclusion Analysis
- Nafasi ya Kazi Administrative Assistant in Ruvuma
- Nafasi ya Kazi WASH Project Manager Tanzania Kibondo
- Nafasi ya Kazi Senior Program Officer, Tax Equity (Tanzania)
- Tangazo la Nafasi mbali mbali za Kazi Mamlaka ya Maji Zanzibar (ZAWA)
- Nafasi ya Kazi Technical Advisor, Pre-Service Education
- Nafasi ya Kazi Technical Project Manager, Digital Square (12332), Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Nafasi ya Kazi MUCE
- Nafasi ya Kazi SCIENTIST – TEAM LEADER
- Nafasi ya Kazi Senior Research Assistant
- Nafasi ya Kazi Regional Technical Officer
- TANGAZO LA NAFASI YA KAZI AFISA MIAMBA MAJI DARAJA LA II - UNGUJA - 1 POST
- Nafasi ya Kazi Afisa Utafiti Daraja La I Katika Fani Ya Sayansi Ya Uvuvi (Fisheries Sciences) - Ungu
- Nafasi ya Kazi Nafasi ya Kazi Senior Logistics Associate
- Nafasi ya Kazi Soil Microbiologist
- Tangazo la Nafasi ya Kazi Chuo cha Maji
- Nafasi ya Kazi Mwalimu wa Lugha
Sport fishing boat
TAM Review (Zanzibar Form two Mathematics Review 2007-2020
Tiba Asilia Ya Ugonjwa wa Bawasiri (Hemorrhoids)
TIBA YA NGIRI SUGU NA CHANGO KWA WANAWAKE
UGONJWA WA BAWASIRI NA TIBA YAKE
TIBA ASILIA YA UGONJWA WA BAWASIRI
MADIRA YA MSOMALI