Nafasi ya Kazi Nafasi ya Kazi Senior Logistics Associate
AnnouncementShare via Whatsapp
Source: UNHCR Careers
Release date: 2023-03-09
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
job requisition id
Residential location (if applicable)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Regular > Regular Assignment
Remote work accepted
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
March 22, 2023
Standard Job Description
Senior Logistics Associate Organizational Setting and Work Relationships UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to Persons of Concern (POC) in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures. The Senior Logistics Associate manages and supports all activities pertaining to the logistics function including planning, sourcing & procurement, transport, customs clearance, warehousing. The position may be located at Headquarters (within DESS), in a Regional Bureau or in a Country Office.
The incumbent is supervised by the (Senior) Logistics Officer or other senior staff with logistics oversight function who defines the objectives and provides general guidance. The incumbent may supervise some general service and/or AWF staff. The Senior Logistics Associate maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate performing the logistics function.
The duty of the Senior Logistics Associate is to support and monitor the management of material resources within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of the available resources. All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity. Duties - In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related logistics activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to POC.
- Prepare plans for delivery of relief and other non-food items according to the operational needs and provide regular updates. - In emergency situations (refugees, internally displaced persons and/or any other person/s of concern to UNHCR), support the coordination with all stakeholders to ensure that the Organization is able to, in a timely and cost-efficient manner, provide core relief and non-food items.
- Apply UNHCR's sourcing & procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services. - Prepare supply chain management plans, implement them and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the different steps of the supply chain.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications and all other requirements are in order. - Draft and dispatch quotation requests, conduct secondary solicitation and assist in the evaluation of offers (when required).
- Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection and other correspondence, and monitor the manufacture/transport of ordered goods to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting Operations, HQ entities and others, as applicable.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that assist in decision making. - Disseminate, promote commitment to and monitor compliance with UNHCR's global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
- Establish and monitor the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for logistics services.
- Make recommendations to senior management on resource allocation to support on-going operations.
- Assist the supervisor in identifying organizational and procedural gaps in the present arrangements for release and transportation of CRIs and propose further improvements to enhance the process.
- Prepare and disseminate quarterly and annual statistical reports including weekly update to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Emergency Supply Unit, freight forwarders, and emergency operations for the release of the relief items.
- Coordinate with Emergency Supply Unit and other units in SLS regarding the replenishment of the stock and relief items. In the Regional Bureaux:
- Track the progress of specific Operations and advice senior regional and/or country management including guidance that ensures timely implementation and/or corrective actions, as required.
- Assist in the consolidation of the current warehouse structure and perform monthly reconciliation of the stock.
- Assist in coaching and advising individuals as requested. - Track global logistics KPIs for the region and assist in devising regional ones, as required. - Monitor all periodic supply exercises such as monthly reconciliations, quarterly physical inventory exercises, and year-end accounts closure procedures and ensure compliance through provision of guidance and advice to senior regional and country managers.
- Assist Country Operations in MSRP management.
- Support the analysis of country financial reports and work with the Country Operations Supply Team leaders to address red areas relating to supply aspects of Operations by providing advice and corrective measures in compliance with Supply and Financial rules and regulations.
- Support the country needs assessment plans and ensure their full inclusion/reflection in the regional procurement plans and monitor the implementation. In the Country Operations:
- Support warehouse management; monitor the manufacturing/ transporting of ordered goods and transit of goods between UNHCR warehouses to ensure timely delivery. - Provide support in fleet management tasks whenever required. - Ensure that PPE agreements are properly issued and signed.
- Ensure proper preparation of disposal forms and cases for the Asset Management Board.
- Provide asset management reports, customised reports, and gather information on all assets and provide in depth reports periodically and when requested. - Ensure local liaison with partners to effectively support the logistical activities. - Provide effective local support to UNHCR supply chain to develop an infrastructure that accommodates the needs of its operation.
- Manage storage of goods according to "best practices" and UNHCR rules and regulations. - Initiate and/or coordinate tax exemption of consignments, import customs clearance (when applicable) and liaise with local agent(s)/focal point(s) to ensure exemptions, permits etc. are obtained in a timely manner.
- Coordinate logistics activities of UNHCR partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures. - Establish PPE status through regular physical verification.
- Manage PPE disposal process for the old/obsolete items according to Asset Management Board decisions and plan for replacement items.
- Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the Organisation including receipt, inspection, registration & marking of new Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE), and organisation of the physical verification of PPE.
- Adapt local supply chain structures to be consistent with the operational needs. Ensure effective information flow in the supply chain and adapt local process to the prevailing environment.
- Establish a stock management system.
- Assist in the coordination of and reporting on the deployment of Non-Expendable Property.
- Ensure stock inventory in MSRP is updated.
- Ensure that safety and security of stocks is maintained throughout the warehouse cycle.
- Decide on applicable internal system to ensure systematic conduct of warehousing processes.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications Education & Professional Work Experience Years of Experience / Degree Level For G7 - 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher Field(s) of Education Not applicable Certificates and/or Licenses Logistics Supply Management Trade International Commerce Business Administration Economics Finance Engineering Supply Chain Learning Programme or other relevant field.
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential) Relevant Job Experience Essential Logistics, Supply Chain Management and/or relevant experience. Desirable Experience in dealing with Emergencies is of high advantage. Other UN procurement and logistics training - such as IAPSO and UNPD. Experience in commercial air charter operations. Experience in customs formalities. Experience in logistics or warehousing. Functional Skills IT-Computer Literacy SC-Asset Management SC-Customs clearance SC-Fleet Management SC-Logistics SC-PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management SC-Public procurement SC-Supply Planning SC-Warehouse Management (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential) Language Requirements For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English. For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English. All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties.
This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power. As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise. This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Receiving all Local and HQs Purchase Orders i.e: Services and Goods.
- Barcoding all assets and enter the correct data in MSRP.
- Tracking assets by conducting physical verification as well as reporting the discrepancies.
- Generating the system Disposal Request, Right of Use Agreement for assets used by Partners as well as Transfer of Ownership Agreement.
- Submission of all Disposal Request from all offices as per applicable threshold and follow up the implementation of the decision.
- Retire assets (STIs) in MSRP
- Ordering of New Vehicles through GFM/Transfer Request or Donation
- Register all UNHCR light and heavy-duty vehicles for office use and staff members (international category) as well as cancellation of plate numbers once disposal through sale is over through the Government of Tanzania Authorities as the need arises.
- Prepare in advance request through the Ministry of Finance and Planning for vehicles (heavy and light duty) that require exemption (Government Notice) through the Minister of Finance and Planning, Dodoma.
- Keeping all registration cards for all vehicles under UNHCR custody
Keep tracking of all accidents
- Proceed with Insurance of all vehicles and motorcycles to include COMESA
- Keep records under E-Safe for all disposal of vehicles (light and heavy duty)
Preparation of fuel order (Bulky) for UNHCR Office Kibondo to include reconciliation of invoices for payment.
Clearing and Forwarding:
- Prepare all kind of exemption i.e. PRO6 and ITX.265.01.E
- Prepare tabulation for offer submitted by Clearing Agent (holders of Long-Term Agreement with ONE UN) for clearance of imported cargo, to enable choose the 1st lowest bidder (best value for money)
- Follow up imported items until it reaches to the destination.
- Process invoices for all above
Prepare RFQ, RFP, ITB or EOI as requested, solicitation of offer after the deadline as well as generating system Purchase Order to the successful vendor.
verification and transfer of items through MSRs
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:
Nature of Position:
Living and Working Conditions:
IT-Computer Literacy, SC-Asset Management, SC-Customs clearance, SC-Fleet Management, SC-Logistics, SC-PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management, SC-Public procurement, SC-Supply Planning, SC-Warehouse Management
Business Administration - Other, Commerce - Other, Economics - Other, Engineering - Other, Finance - Other, HCR Supply Chain Learning Program - UNHCR, Logistics - Other, Supply Management - Other, Trade - Other
Accountability, Analytical thinking, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Judgement & decision making, Managing resource, Organizational awareness, Planning & organizing, Teamwork & collaboration, Technological awareness
UNHCR Salary Calculator
This position doesn't require a functional clearance
- Nafasi ya Kazi Government Liaison Associate
- Nafasi ya Kazi TAAP Flour Milling Expert - Ethiopia and Tanzania
- Nafasi ya Kazi Internship, Nourishing Food Pathways Inclusive Local FSN Governance
- Nafasi ya Kazi Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer,
- Nafasi ya Kazi Ward to Ward Financial Inclusion Analysis
- Nafasi ya Kazi Administrative Assistant in Ruvuma
- Nafasi ya Kazi WASH Project Manager Tanzania Kibondo
- Nafasi ya Kazi Senior Program Officer, Tax Equity (Tanzania)
- Tangazo la Nafasi mbali mbali za Kazi Mamlaka ya Maji Zanzibar (ZAWA)
- Nafasi ya Kazi Technical Advisor, Pre-Service Education
- Nafasi ya Kazi Technical Project Manager, Digital Square (12332), Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Nafasi ya Kazi MUCE
- Nafasi ya Kazi SCIENTIST – TEAM LEADER
- Nafasi ya Kazi Senior Research Assistant
- Nafasi ya Kazi Regional Technical Officer
- TANGAZO LA NAFASI YA KAZI AFISA MIAMBA MAJI DARAJA LA II - UNGUJA - 1 POST
- Nafasi ya Kazi Afisa Utafiti Daraja La I Katika Fani Ya Sayansi Ya Uvuvi (Fisheries Sciences) - Ungu
- Nafasi ya Kazi Soil Microbiologist
- Tangazo la Nafasi ya Kazi Chuo cha Maji
- Nafasi ya Kazi
- Nafasi ya Kazi Mwalimu wa Lugha
Sport fishing boat
TAM Review (Zanzibar Form two Mathematics Review 2007-2020
Tiba Asilia Ya Ugonjwa wa Bawasiri (Hemorrhoids)
TIBA YA NGIRI SUGU NA CHANGO KWA WANAWAKE
UGONJWA WA BAWASIRI NA TIBA YAKE
TIBA ASILIA YA UGONJWA WA BAWASIRI
MADIRA YA MSOMALI