Nafasi ya Kazi Senior Program Officer, Tax Equity (Tanzania)
AnnouncementShare via Whatsapp
Release date: 2023-03-16
Senior Program Officer, Tax Equity (Tanzania)
DAR ES SALAAM /
International Budget Partnership (IBP) works to ensure that all people, especially underserved communities, have the right and ability to understand and influence how public money – their money – is raised and spent. IBP is a nonprofit organization fiercely dedicated to ensuring governments use public funds to help those that need it most. In more than 120 countries, we pioneer new approaches to enable oversight of government taxation and spending. IBP is a multi-cultural environment with strong camaraderie among mission driven people.
IBP is implementing a tax equity initiative in Africa that is supporting civil society organizations to operate in the field of tax. The project kicked off in year 2021 in two pilot countries of Africa – Senegal and Nigeria. From 2023, the tax equity initiative is further expanding to two additional countries of Tanzania and Ghana.
Although there has been a dramatic growth in civil society organizations utilizing information to analyze and influence public budgets in recent years, scrutiny of government revenues, although emerging, has been slower on the uptake. With an initial development grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), and a further grant from the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), this project will promote a more political approach to increasing domestic revenue by strengthening civic actors to advocate for equitable tax policy and administration, thereby putting pressure on governments to raise revenue in a way that promotes rather than exacerbates inequality. Ultimately it will mean that lower income groups will have a louder public voice in tax debates and limit the ability of powerful interests to disproportionately influence tax decisions, reshaping the social contract.
IBP seeks a Senior Program Officer (SPO) to support the tax equity pilot in Ghana. This newly created position will have responsibility for working with the IBP Country Manager for Nigeria (who heads the Africa Tax Equity Initiative), the IBP global tax team, as well as other IBP staff to implement all components of the program and be responsible for coordinating key activities with internal IBP and external resource persons.
This is an opportunity for a person with tax policy expertise and a passion for civil society advocacy that is motivated by the ambition to make quality contribution to a new program in the leading international civil society organization focusing on fiscal accountability. Working with the Head of the Africa Tax Equity Initiative, the global tax team, and other staff, the Senior Program Officer of this new programmatic vision, will work collaboratively to ensure that tax policy in Ghana contributes to financial sustainability, equity, and poverty reduction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES of the JOB include, but are not limited to, the following:
This is a full-time position (Initial 2-year term, with an option for further extension).
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at the International Budget Partnership, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Please apply with a resume (less than 5 pages) and cover letter - clearly stating your suitability for this position.
- Nafasi ya Kazi Government Liaison Associate
- Nafasi ya Kazi TAAP Flour Milling Expert - Ethiopia and Tanzania
- Nafasi ya Kazi Internship, Nourishing Food Pathways Inclusive Local FSN Governance
- Nafasi ya Kazi Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer,
- Nafasi ya Kazi Ward to Ward Financial Inclusion Analysis
- Nafasi ya Kazi Administrative Assistant in Ruvuma
- Nafasi ya Kazi WASH Project Manager Tanzania Kibondo
- Tangazo la Nafasi mbali mbali za Kazi Mamlaka ya Maji Zanzibar (ZAWA)
- Nafasi ya Kazi Technical Advisor, Pre-Service Education
- Nafasi ya Kazi Technical Project Manager, Digital Square (12332), Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Nafasi ya Kazi MUCE
- Nafasi ya Kazi SCIENTIST – TEAM LEADER
- Nafasi ya Kazi Senior Research Assistant
- Nafasi ya Kazi Regional Technical Officer
- TANGAZO LA NAFASI YA KAZI AFISA MIAMBA MAJI DARAJA LA II - UNGUJA - 1 POST
- Nafasi ya Kazi Afisa Utafiti Daraja La I Katika Fani Ya Sayansi Ya Uvuvi (Fisheries Sciences) - Ungu
- Nafasi ya Kazi Nafasi ya Kazi Senior Logistics Associate
- Nafasi ya Kazi Soil Microbiologist
- Tangazo la Nafasi ya Kazi Chuo cha Maji
- Nafasi ya Kazi
- Nafasi ya Kazi Mwalimu wa Lugha
Sport fishing boat
TAM Review (Zanzibar Form two Mathematics Review 2007-2020
Tiba Asilia Ya Ugonjwa wa Bawasiri (Hemorrhoids)
TIBA YA NGIRI SUGU NA CHANGO KWA WANAWAKE
UGONJWA WA BAWASIRI NA TIBA YAKE
TIBA ASILIA YA UGONJWA WA BAWASIRI
MADIRA YA MSOMALI