Release date: 2018-01-04
Duty Station: UDSM
3393 visits!... Deadline: 2018-02-09 00:00:00
POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The University of Dar es Salaam in collaboration with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is pleased to announce postgraduate (up to 7 Master and 5 PhD) scholarship opportunities to all Tanzanians and Citizen of Sub-Saharan Africa to commence in the academic year 2018/2019 in the following study fields:
1. Food and Nutrition Security
2. Immigration and Refugee Law
3. Strategic and Peace Study
4. Climate Change and Sustainable Development
The Study will be conducted at the University of Dar es Salaam.
Programme specific admission requirements are found in the Postgraduate Prospectus 2017/18 on the UDSM website. In addition to that,), please note the following other requirements:
a) The last university degree must be completed less than six years before the time of application.
b) Must be a citizenship of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
c) Masters applicants must posses a bachelor degree qualification with GPA of 3.5 and above;
d) PhD applicants must have a Masters degree recognized by the Tanzania Commission of Universities (TCU) and be a staff member of a public or private university or candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment.
Required application Documents
1. Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF; please use the Europass CV template
2. Certified scanned PDF copies of all university degree certificates
3. Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts
4. For PhD applicants must submit a PhD research proposal including a detailed work plan (10 to 15 pages); plagiarism will be checked!
5 Masters applicants must submit a letter of motivation (Maximum 2 pages in PDF)
6. PhD applicants must submit introduction/support letter from employer/potential employer
• Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with physical challenges are especially encouraged to apply.
• Students already enrolled in the programmes of the same study fields can also apply for scholarship for the remaining period.
Duration of Studies
Duration of study for doctoral degree is three years and for masters degree is two years.
More details required by DAAD will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates.
How to apply:
Applicants are required to complete all the requirements listed above and submit in soft copies via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline to the University of Dar es Salaam is 9th February 2018. Pre –selection outcomes to both pre-?selected and not selected candidates will be communicated by 27th February 2018.
For further information please contact:
The Directorate of Postgraduate Studies
P. O. Box 35091, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Phone: +255-22-2410500-9 Ext: 2010
Fax: Fax: +255-22-2410078