Tarehe Iliyotolewa: 2020-11-14
Kituo cha Kazi/Tukio: zanzibar
Imetembelewa mara! 12981 ... Deadline: 2020-11-21 00:00:00
Application deadline: 2020-11-21
Business / Employer name: Iman Community Health Care (ICHC)
Company Industry: Health education
Job Level: Entry Level
Work place: Zanzibar Island
Work Type: Full Time
Minimum Qualification: certificate, Diploma or Bachelor in Health Science/ Nursing, Medical or related field
Years of Experience: 1 year
The applicants must be Zanzibar residents
Iman Community Health Care of Tanzania seeks applicants for the following positions:
1. Lead Physiotherapist (13posts)
2. Special Educator (21 post)
Iman Community Health care, a program of the Islamic care foundation of the Transfiguration, was started early 2009 to address a dire public health situation in the community which included: in accessibility of common medicines, a need for support and access to education for children with disabilities, high prevalence of health problems of students in primary schools, and lack of access to medical care. Since then, the community health office has continuously sought to adapt to the needs of the community by engaging in community forums, seeking the advice of community leaders, and conducting its own assessments of the health-related needs of the community.
Lead Physiotherapist: must be able to provide treatment through other method rather than drugs and surgery, with a passion for working with physically and intellectually disabled children. The she/he will have superior skills in oral and written communication, a solid understanding of the intellectual and physical components of a range of disabilities, and a breadth of knowledge on different educational modalities for children with disabilities.
Special Educator: The special educator will direct a home-based education program for home-bound disabled children in the remote community of Zanzibar. The special educator shall have a certificate, Diploma or Bachelor in Health Science/ Nursing, Medical or related field, with a passion for working with physically and intellectually disabled children. The special educator shall have at least knowledge of working in a government or private primary school or secondary school. The special educator will have superior skills in oral and written communication, a solid understanding of the intellectual and physical components of a range of disabilities, and a breadth of knowledge on different educational modalities for children with disabilities. The special educator will have excellent oral and written skills in oral and written English and Swahili. The duties of the special educator will be as follows:
- Conduct home visits to home-bound children living with a range of disabilities including cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, autism, spina bifida, and others.
- Assess the educational potential of each child and devise an individualized education plan based on mutually agreed upon goals between the caregivers, child, and teacher.
- Document home-visits, progress on goals, and areas of concern.
- Report to Program Coordinator and weekly outcomes of home-visits.
- Act as a liaison between children with disabilities, their families, and government schools. Assess and advocate for children and their families to utilize any government educational services available for children with disabilities.
- Collaborate with Lead Physiotherapist in overlapping educational/physio goals and case management for clients and their families.
- Lead collaboration between Imani Community Health Care and any other organizations working in the field of special education.
All qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter, scanned Residence Introduction Letter (barua ya utambulisho wa makazi/ kitambulisho cha mzanzibar mkazi) from hamlet/ward/village/ or street executive officer to email@example.com