Tarehe Iliyotolewa: 2023-02-20
Kituo cha Kazi/Tukio: TANZANIA
Imetembelewa mara! 15681 ... Deadline: 2023-03-02 06:19:00
Requisition ID: req38111
Job Title: Education Manager (EdTech)
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
Background: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview/ Summary: Since 2016, the IRC has been working in collaboration with UNHCR and Vodafone Foundation U.K on the Instant Network Schools (INS) Programme in Nyarugusu refugee camp. The aim of the INS is to improve access to quality education for displaced children in refugee camps, through the use of technology and connectivity, alongside teacher training and capacity building support. In each operation, the programme aims to establish Instant Network Classrooms in formal schools which are already operating in the refugee camps and the host community surrounding the camps.
This position reports to the Deputy Coordinator Education and will be responsible for the overall management of INS and education programme within the refugee camps and host communities. The Education/INS Manager will work closely with Education/INS officers, other Education Managers, M&E managers and EWG members to coordinate implementation within schools in the camp and ensure alignment of activities with IRC policies and donor compliance. He/she will be responsible for providing the technical support to the running of the EdTech project and overall supervision of curriculum implementation in Nyarugusu camp.
Project Management, Leadership, and Implementation.
- Lead on designing, implementing, and monitoring of the education/INS project activities according to the set objective.
- Supervise the project officers and ensure that the project objectives are adhered and implemented.
- Coordinate activities with other Education Managers, UNHCR and Vodafone Foundation team, head of schools and officers to ensure that the program implementation aligns with programme guideline and procedures.
- Prepare status, donor, and implementation reports for the project activities and collect success stories to include on the annual/quarterly/interim reports.
- Work closely with supply chain and operation team to ensure timely procurement and logistic arrangement for the program activities is done according to the IRC policies.
- Support the coordination of Congolese and Burundian national examination in collaboration with Deputy Education Coordinator
- Assess the program progress regularly and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required.
- Identify and document any changes in project activities and share with the Deputy Education Coordinator
- Conduct regular meetings with project staff, community members, government counterparts and other implementing partners to share/assess progress toward project implementation, discuss issues and assist in finding solutions to challenges identified.
- Coordinate camp based interagency education meeting with education agencies, Parent Teachers Association (PTA) members, camp leadership and other community members.
- Work with the M&E Manager to undertake assessments, data collection and data analysis.
Representation, Coordination and Partnership:
- Represent the Deputy Education Coordinator, where necessary, in CCCM meeting, Zonal Leaders meeting, donor meeting, Education Working Group meeting and interagency activities and events.
- Coordinate Vodafone Foundation, UNHCR and other donors’ visits in the camp and activities implemented by virtually and physically by the VF technical team and associated subcontractors.
- Attend Tanzania INS monthly meetings virtually or physically and prepare updates for the monthly activities.
- Strengthen coordination among the education stakeholders implementing education projects in the refugee camps and host communities.
Program Management and Business Development:
- Compile learning from project implementation to inform the design of future programs.
- Participate in proposal development and preparation of other project documents as required by the supervisor.
- Assess capacity building needs with education and technical team (teachers, trainers, education officers and develop capacity building plans in partnership with the Deputy Coordinator Education.
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage
- Ensures internal planning meetings are organized regularly to provide direction and guidance for the project team.
- Ensure adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures and the IRC way.
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation, The IRC Way, and Child Safeguarding Policy (TZ specific and global), as per the IRC Tanzania reporting mechanism.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher qualification (Master’s Degree preferred) in ICT and Education.
- Minimum of three years of relevant, progressively responsible, professional experience in managing the implementation of education programs in developing countries.
- Minimum 5 years successful staff management, and coaching experience
- Remote management experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy, skills on content management servers and learning management systems
- Knowledge Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE).
- Must be able to multi-task effectively and balance competing priorities, reporting lines and deadlines.
- Advanced interpersonal skills he/she must be able to relate well with others, dictate responsibilities, offer support and constructive feedback.
- Experience working with children, and especially vulnerable children required.
- Prior experience working with refugees, preferably in a camp setting and rural communities is desirable.
- Excellent command in English written and oral skills and Swahili is required. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills. He/she must be able to solve problems adeptly and quickly as they come up.
Professional Standards IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Warning: Please be warned of various scams, being circulated via e-mails, from Internet websites, and via regular mail or fax, falsely being issued by or associated with the IRC. Beware that The IRC does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training, or any other fee). IRC does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked for any payment, please contact TZ-Recruitement@Rescue.Org.