Chanzo: UNHCR Careers
Tarehe Iliyotolewa: 2023-05-17
Kituo cha Kazi/Tukio: TANZANIA
Imetembelewa mara! 6235 ... Deadline: 2023-05-25 02:38:00
job requisition id
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Temporary > Temporary Assignment/ Appointment
Residential location (if applicable)
Remote work accepted
Target Start Date
Target End Date
Job Posting End Date
May 27, 2023
Standard Job Description
Resettlement Associate Organizational Setting and Work Relationships A Resettlement Associate position is typically located at Multi-Country Office, Branch Office or Field Office. Under supervision, the incumbent's primary role is to assist in providing, in close coordination with concerned sections within UNHCR as well as external parties such as resettlement countries, IOM and NGOs, a continuous support to resettlement operations by ensuring that resettlement polices are correctly implemented and operations are supported in establishing comprehensive protection and solutions strategies. The incumbent takes part in assessing cases for resettlement and conducting interviews as well as monitoring procedural compliance and quality of case submissions. The role of the Resettlement Associate may involve managerial responsibilities in supervising, coaching and training junior staff, and assisting in implementing organisational objectives and priorities. All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity. Duties
- Interview, assess resettlement needs, and process persons identified for resettlement, following established procedures; undertake field missions as required.
- Where applicable, review and assess special resettlement cases and prepares individual submissions for presentation to resettlement countries; keep offices informed on the status of special resettlement cases; liaise with offices on case processing and provide advice as required.
- Comply with UNHCR¿s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- Follow up on status of cases from submission to departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on persons of concern (PoC) being considered for resettlement; ensure that records on individual cases are kept up-to-date.
- Provide PoC and partners with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR¿s resettlement policies and procedures.
- Assist in monitoring the quality of submissions, providing the concerned staff with basic guidance and advice. - Manage, maintain and update proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support.
- Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- Assist with preparing a strategy and budget for resettlement activities and monitoring expenditures.
- Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities. - Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud through oversight (including in-country travel), advice and guidance).
- Recommend cases that are eligible for resettlement consideration. - Provide counselling to PoC.
- Perform other related duties as required. Minimum Qualifications Education & Professional Work Experience Years of Experience / Degree Level For G6 - 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher Field(s) of Education Not applicable Certificates and/or Licenses International Law; International Relations; (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential) Relevant Job Experience Essential Not specified Desirable Good knowledge of UNHCR Resettlement policies and operational applications in different resettlement countries and situations.
Completion of UNHCR specific learning/training activities (e.g., PLP and RSD/Resettlement Learning Programme, resettlement anti-fraud workshop). Functional Skills CO-Cross-cultural communication PR-Refugee Resettlement programs PR-Resettlement Anti-Fraud Policy and Procedures (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential) Language Requirements For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English. For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power. As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise. This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
The candidate must have experience in humanitarian work and must have knowledge of UNHCR Resettlement case processing. Knowledge of the international refugee law framework, resettlement principles and interviewing skills are essential. Proficiency in English, KiSwahili, Bembe/Kirundi languages is desirable.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and oral interview.
This position doesn't require a functional clearance
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level)
CO-Cross-cultural communication, PR-Refugee Resettlement programs, PR-Resettlement Anti-Fraud Policy and Procedures
International Law - Other, International Relations - Other
UNHCR Salary Calculator