Tarehe Iliyotolewa: 2020-02-13
Kituo cha Kazi/Tukio: Zanzibar
Imetembelewa mara! 11817 ... Deadline: 2020-02-15 15:30:00
A programme funded by the European Union: Reference: EuropeAid/165071/ID/ACT/TZ
Trias is a Belgian international development organisation headquartered in Brussels and supports around 100 member-based organisations of farmers and entrepreneurs in 14 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin and Central America. Our East-Africa office, based in Arusha is looking to recruit a programme manager for our EU-funded programme ‘Make it grow’ which will be implemented in Zanzibar in the period 2020-2024 (4 years). For this programme, Trias and its implementing partners TAHA (Tanzania Horticultural Association) and AHA (The Andreas Hermes Academy) aim at strengthening the horticultural value chain in Zanzibar. The programme has the following 3 objectives:
• Strengthened, more profitable & sustainable horticulture value chains characterized by higher productivity of HC farms, less post-harvest losses (PHL) and functional linkages amongst VC actors:
• Increased consumption of nutritious diversified diets and application of hygienic practices in food preparation amongst the beneficiaries
• Strengthened organisational capacity of the Tanzania Horticulture Association (TAHA) to support & represent the HC sector in Tanzania The expected outreach of the programme is 10,100 small scale farmers and entrepreneurs. The programme manager will be based in Zanzibar (Unguja) and will report to Trias’ regional office in Arusha. We are looking for a candidate that ideally:
• Is Tanzanian, preferably from Zanzibar or willing to live in Zanzibar.
• Has excellent English speaking, writing and presentation skills and speaks Kiswahili fluently.
• Has a master’s degree in economics, business, agriculture or related field.
• Has at least 7 years’ experience in senior programme management for international organisations
• Has good knowledge and understanding about entrepreneurship, microfinance and organizational development
• Preferably has international experience and has worked on EU-funded projects before.
• Has proven skills in managing large budgets.
• Has great interpersonal skills, loves teamwork and has strong work ethics and an impeccable degree of integrity.
• Is passionate about gender equity and inclusion.
• Added value: Has a good network at and understanding of the functioning of the Zanzibar & Tanzania governments.
If you meet the requirements, then you might be the man or woman we are looking for. Attach your CV (max. 3 p.) and motivation letter before the deadline of February 15th. At this stage, there is no need to send references or diplomas etc